Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nessen Lighting - Warehouse Sale


If lighting is your thing, you know Walter Von Nessen. His studio, set up in 1927, focused on creating adjustable indirect lighting using non-traditional materials.  Nessen is my absolute favorite manufacture of table and floor lamps, sconces and pendants.  In the past, I've only been able to admire Nessen's architectural glory in luxury hotel lobbies or in design magazines. But today, I can say that I am a proud owner of a few pieces.  How?

Although this high end lighting manufacturer usually only sells through contract furniture or commercial lighting representatives or through retail lighting showrooms, I ended my weekend on a high note because they had their first time ever warehouse sale this week at their warehouse located in Mamaroneck, NY.  Luckily for me, that's approximately half an hour from Manhattan so off we went - me and my partner in style.

The merchandise was very minimum (officially the smallest sample/warehouse sale I've ever attended) but I was able the get three gorgeous pieces pictured above for a price less than 1/3 of one piece at it's original price. OMG!  All at a minimum discount of 70%. What!? And in my best Rachael Zoe voice "I die!" I wasn't able to find matching pairs due to the fact that whatever was available was either in excess of their current stock or was one of their discontinued models. 

My plan is to put two pieces in the master bedroom and the third piece in the guest room.  I am not in the least bit concerned that they do not have the same base; mismatching lamps are always fun.  Each piece is interesting in its own right and will add to the overall design of any room. I did purchase one additional shade in a crisp white linen to make things more cohesive. If you ever find yourself deliberating between two different lamps just remember: mix bases, match shades.  Keep you posted on how the room turns out.
Here at the Basic Cut, we are always on the hunt for designer items at bargain prices. If you want us to keep an eye out for something or want updates on up and coming sample/warehouse sales in NYC contact us at style@thebasiccut.com and let us know how we can help.

Price is always negotiable. Style is not.

Copy-cat-chic is cool but its fantastic to find original pieces at discounted prices.  Don't you agree?






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. It will be very useful for those who don’t want to manually configure things.

    ReplyDelete